Our Apprentice Larry FatDaddy Brown












Well you have to start somewhere..  No better place then here, at Sayow Tattoo, in Clinton, TN.


To become a tattoo artist a person must first have a passion for art and for drawing and also be able to draw. A strong skill set in other visual media also will help in creating art on skin. The first step is to gain an apprenticeship from a person that is already skilled in the art of tattooing. A tattoo apprenticeship traditionally lasts two years. For the first six months to a year, traditionally the apprentice is not allowed to tattoo but is trained in sanitation and proper safety techniques. The apprentice will be expected to clean and maintain the shop, as well as watch and continue to grow as an artist. This first year most apprentices quit and don't ever achieve full completion. However, completing an apprenticeship is only the beginning of the education. A tattoo artist will always learn and perfect new techniques and skills from others throughout his or her career.  Now enough of all that..   Lets get to Fat Daddy Brown, our Apprentice...



Larry "FatDaddy" Brown is a Master Mason and the Vice President of the Widows Sons Motorcycle Riding Association Hillbilly Chapter which is located in Robbins Tn.

FatDaddy says "I have been a tattoo enthusiast for as long as I can remember. I received my first tattoo in 1997 in memory of the birth of my daughter and have not been able to stop since. I have been working/hanging around tattoo shops for about 12-13 years. I have been working at Sayow Tattoo since 2010, I am currently a Apprentice Tattoo Artist (learning from Shawkey) and a Certified Piercer. I have a deep love for Tattoos and riding motorcycles."
 
  • Bloglog